Tuesday 1 January 2008

Happy New Year 2008

Its 2008. I wonder if its gonna be a good year? 2007 has been a stressful and lotsa ups and downs for me. Big surprises, sadness, happiness... everything. I guess 2007 is a year for me to grow up and learn the outside world. Indeed it was 2007 that made me more mature and have more understanding about the real world outside. Grateful for 2007 but it is also a scary year for me. Now that it is over, 2008, what is going to happen? I've got my PR, what will be my main concern now? Studies of course, and my love life, my future. I went through 1st semester of Pharmacy and got good grades, 1st semester is always easy... but will i still excel in the coming semester? Will I still be working in Chemist Warehouse? Not sure!

I think 2008 is going to be an easy year i reckon. But 2009 is going to be another tough year, because I'll graduate from my course and will have to look for work, and where will I be? In Melbourne, or in Perth?

Yesterday, we played games at home, drank some beer, had desserts, invited cousins and a friend. We were playing Cluedo. It sucks, maybe we didn't really know how to play. Lotsa thinking there and I can't be bothered thinking. In just 1 hour, everyone just made a wild accusation.

Up til now, I still love what I'm doing. Studying Pharmacy and working in a Pharmacy. When people come to you and complain to you about their frustration because of their Cold, their pain, their headaches.. I just love to help them, give them the best option. Sunday at work, there was this lady with toothache who was on her way to the dental hospital. She wasn't able to hold the pain all the way until the hospital so she ran in the pharmacy to get some help. Her eyes were already teary and she couldn't speak properly because it was hurting so much. I offered her fast rapid pain relieve Panadol, but she said she doesn't want to do that as she wants to let the doctor know HOW much is the pain. Yup, reasonable, so I gave her anesthetic solution specially for toothache. Dip it in cotton bud and asked her to bite on it. That was the best option as it numbs the pain and is fast acting and it goes away pretty fast. I was quite nervous as she was getting teary and i could see that it was soooooooo painful. But after that, she was sooooo grateful and you can see the appreciation in her face and how relieved she was.

No comments: